MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2000 ADMINISTRATOR’S POCKET Consultant is the excellent concise, quick reference you are going to want with you at all moments as you offer with the aspects of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database administration. Whether or not you cope with administration for fifty customers or 5000, this palms-on, rapid-answers tutorial focuses on what you want to do to get the task performed speedily.
With in depth uncomplicated-to-go through tables, lists, and phase-by-phase directions, it is the portable, readable tutorial that will regularly save you time and reduce method downtime by offering you the right details right now.
This palms-on tutorial provides you the rapid answers you want to:
- Grasp the fundamentals. Understand the SQL Server 2000 architecture find out administration resources, strategies, and ideas and find out how to modify configuration settings to enhance memory utilization, get advantage of parallel processors, and far more.
- Complete main duties. Carry out fundamental duties to produce and take care of databases, servers, and server teams and produce logons, configure logon permissions, assign roles, and conduct other necessary protection measures.
- Administer databases. Regulate tables, indexes, and sights question and manipulate data import and export data and combine SQL Server data with other data resources.
- Control dispersed data. Administer connected servers and dispersed transactions, configure data merging and replication, and supervise data publication and membership.
- Enhance and sustain databases. Profile and keep track of SQL Server, conduct data backup and restoration, and get charge of automation and routine maintenance.