- About fifty essays with useful tips on improving upon your programming job
- Practical concentration offers solutions to common problems, and strategies to become a better coder
- Features tips for existing programmers and those people seeking to start off a job in programming
This is an all-function toolkit for your programming job. It has been built by Jordan Hudgens about a lifetime of coding and educating coding. It helps you determine the essential inquiries and stumbling blocks that programmers come across, and offers you the solutions to them! It is a extensive tutorial made up of extra than fifty insights that you can use to strengthen your operate, and to give tips in your job.
The ebook is split up into 3 matter places: Coder Competencies, Freelancer Competencies, and Job Competencies, each and every made up of a wealth of useful tips. Coder Competencies contains tips for persons starting off out, or those people who are currently working in a programming role but want to strengthen their techniques. It includes this sort of topics as: how to study and fully grasp elaborate subject areas, and having earlier ability plateaus when finding out new languages. Freelancer Competencies contains tips for builders working as freelancers or with freelancers. It includes this sort of topics as: understanding when to hearth a client, and guidelines for having about legacy apps. Job Competencies contains tips for setting up a thriving job as a developer. It includes this sort of topics as: how to strengthen your programming tactics, and interview guides and developer wage negotiation strategies.
What you will learn
- Boost your soft techniques to become a better and happier coder
- Understand to be a better developer
- Mature your freelance development company
- Boost your development job
- Understand the greatest techniques to breaking down elaborate subject areas
- Have the self-confidence to charge what you’re value as a freelancer
- Thrive in developer task interviews
About the Writer
Jordan Hudgens is the CTO and founder of DevCamp, wherever he sales opportunities instruction and curriculum development for all the DevCamp and Bottega code faculties all over the US.
As a developer about the earlier ten years, Jordan has traveled the globe setting up apps and teaching individuals on a wide wide variety of subject areas, which includes Ruby development, significant data investigation, and software engineering.
Jordan focuses on venture-pushed instruction as opposed to theory-primarily based development. This type of educating is conducive to finding out how to construct actual-globe goods that adhere to field greatest methods.
Additionally, Jordan has released several books on programming and personal computer science along with establishing teaching curriculum for Understand.co, DevCamp, and AppDev on the subject areas, particularly Ruby on Rails, Java, AngularJS, NoSQL, API development, and algorithms.
Table of Contents
- Coder Competencies
- Freelancing Competencies
- Job Competencies