Knowledge management is an ongoing process designed to dispense company information in a user-friendly way for both current and future employees. Knowledge Management Basics explains the key concepts and the overall benefits of implementing that process, offers information assessment techniques and tips and assists in the design of a practical system to capture, organize, and maintain company information. This title focuses on the learning professional’s role in the knowledge management process and aims to teach those professionals how to get the process started within their organizations.Knowledge Management Basics presents a five-step process that will enable you, the learning professional, to:
- define your role in a knowledge management initiative and prepare to lead that effort
- determine your organization’s needs
- locate knowledge sources
- choose systems to gather and house information that make sense for your organization’s culture
- compile, confirm, and circulate knowledge
- maintain the knowledge system.